Search This Blog

Removing Air Bubbles from Gelli Plates




Bubbles, Bubbles everywhere!  BUT, Bubbles on your Gelli Plate is not a pretty sight. Air bubbles can get trapped between the clear plastic sheet and the Gelli plate, and imprints can be left in the plate until it resettles to it's originally smooth surface.  Here are the steps to remove them, with thanks to GelliArt for the help.


1.  Remove mylar/plastic sheet and clean plate using baby wipes, water+paper towel, hand sanitizer.  Make sure plate is dry with no droplets or moisture beads left on surface.  Also make sure there is no dried paint that might imprint on the plate.

2.  Take 2 pieces of plain white copy paper (make sure they don't have creases or wrinkles in them) and attach to each side of the Gelli plate.  Make a fist and use the side of your hand to smooth out each side as until both surfaces are as flat as possible.

3.  Lay the plate (with both sheets of paper still attached) on a hard flat surface.


4.  Place approximately 5 pounds of weight on top (i.e. a ream of paper or something of similar weight).  It's important that the object you are placing on top is flat on the bottom and big enough to allow for even weight distribution onto the plate below.  Any differences in texture may imprint on the plate, and uneven weight may also reduce this method's effectiveness.


5.  Leave to sit overnight.  Remove the sheets of paper 1 at a time and see if bubbles have gone away.  If so, use copy paper on each side when storing, making sure to smooth out the surfaces each time.  It is normal for the plate to lose some it's transparency and will not affect printing.


Gelli Plates available at http://amzn.to/29xGzeG and come in several different sizes.  8x10 shown here.
Learn more at http://www.gelliarts.com/
Removing Air Bubbles from Gelli Plates Removing Air Bubbles from Gelli Plates Reviewed by Beth Henry Art on 1:17 PM Rating: 5

19 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I hope this works!!! I have a new plate that is nothing but air pockets, I think it was sent to me used. :/ Wish me luck. {Lovely blog, by the way}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!THANKS!!!!!! abrasive blaster for sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. www.yoursafetyspy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful to know! Thank you ever so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you. water bottle filling stations for schools

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super-Duper site! I am Loving it!! Will come back again, Im taking your feed also, Thanks. 4 bow bimini top

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read that Post and got it fine and informative. Hold-Up Stockings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for posting this. I have only used my plate once or twice and it has these bubbles. I stored it with the thin plastic sheets attached and haven't used it for a long time. I think it was air bubbles between the plate and the plastic that caused it!! Thought I had ruined it, but hopefully this will work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good website! I truly love how it is easy on my eyes it is. I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your RSS which may do the trick? Have a great day! motorcycle jackets

    ReplyDelete
  10. You there, this is really good post here. Thanks for taking the time to post such valuable information. Quality content is what always gets the visitors coming. hamilton beach personal single serve blender

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. boxing gloves

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great knowledge, do anyone mind merely reference back to it first manufacturing

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a thrilling post, you have pointed out some excellent points, I as well believe this is a superb website. I have planned to visit it again and again. 6v deep cycle battery for rv

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. best projectors with bluetooth

    ReplyDelete
  15. You delivered such an impressive piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain information. Thanks for sharing such information with us due to which my several concepts have been cleared. best water hose for pressure washer

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really impressed after read this because of some quality work and informative thoughts . I just wanna say thanks for the writer and wish you all the best for coming!. BEST ALTERNATIVE DXRACER GAMING CHAIRS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. best pc gaming chairs under $200

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have beaten yourself this time, and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts in future. Thank you for sharing great information to us. silicone bibs

    ReplyDelete
  19. sex blog found a lot of good sex toys for me and my wife, so I recommend reading.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.