Search This Blog

Creating Art in Fabric


The first thing you should know, I am not good at sewing. It is a very exciting and frustrating at the same time, if that makes sense.  
Despite this handicap, I signed up for Kelli May-Krenz's Spirit Warrior class.  Honestly, it was amazing to see her come to life.  
Her wrap is made from Kantha fabric scraps. Her face is air dry clay. Sewn inside the body is a stick I've held on to for years (think it is from a cactus). This stick is hollow with holes in it.
I filled the hollow stick with gemstones. This represents when life and situations make us feel hollow, we can still fill those empty spaces with beautiful things.  
She is rising her left hand (because of the shape of the stick). The right brain controls the left side of our body and also creativity. So, she is going to be my Creative Spirit Warrior. She reminds me of my beauty within and without, through my artwork.
Her name is Nakoma meaning Great Spirit or Great Warrior.....and she is!  


Kantha Scraps from Embellishment Magic at  https://www.etsy.com/shop/EmbellishmentMagic . Cindy is an amazing lady and will go out of her way to help.  Let her know Beth Henry sent you! 

Stitched Spirit Warriors Class by Kelli May-Krenz at https://www.kellimaykrenz.com/online-courses/ .  This is a class with over 50 videos.  Kelli walks you through the process and is there to help throughout.  
Creating Art in Fabric Creating Art in Fabric Reviewed by Beth Henry Art on 10:36 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.