Search This Blog

Canvas Art: The gods wait to delight in you


You never know when a piece of art is going to become especially meaningful . I had finished the background but trashed several ideas for the center piece. After a trip to the emergency room last night, with the same symptoms that took my dad and grandma, I knew actually what to place in the center. The three butterflies, two fading, reflex that I saw the signs in their passing enough to stop the same fate from befalling me. Their wings are behind me lifting me up to fly.  

The Laughing Heart by Charles Bukowski

your life is your life
don’t let it be clubbed into dank submission.
be on the watch.
there are ways out.
there is light somewhere.
it may not be much light but
it beats the darkness.
be on the watch.
the gods will offer you chances.
know them.
take them.
you can’t beat death but
you can beat death in life, sometimes.
and the more often you learn to do it,
the more light there will be.
your life is your life.
know it while you have it.
you are marvelous
the gods wait to delight
in you.

-- by Charles Bukowski


Canvas Art: The gods wait to delight in you Canvas Art:  The gods wait to delight in you Reviewed by Beth Henry Art on 8:13 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.